Wednesday, July 11, 2018

General Convention Day 6

Dean Penny writes,

#GC79 day six: committee hearings are starting to wind down. I surfaced a bit late to sit in on one, so I met instead with a former dean, who now works for a senior housing organization, to exchange ideas and share experience. A little shopping in the exhibit hall, then I sat in as an alternate on the joint session on Creation Care. Lunch with the deputation, then back onto the floor for legislation including questions of equity for lay and clergy on pensions and for transgender and non-binary people.

Meanwhile the bishops were welcoming the Episcopal Diocese of Cuba back into the Episcopal Church, with much rejoicing #cubasi #cubaahora. I left worship early to walk through the heat to the Berkeley at Yale dinner. good to catch up with various folks including my former Dean who was my adviser. ended the day celebrating the birthday of deputation leader Polly Getz with chocolate cake. I have two more evenings to see the bats at sunset.

No comments: